Heroes-Course – 150km
VELO CLASSICO GERMANY is a vintage cycling event without ranking, timekeeping and assessment. Each participant who submits the time card completely stamped, will receive a medal, which will be handed over immediately after showing the complete time card. The starting places are limited to 500.
To participate at VELO CLASSICO GERMANY about 150 km a nominal fee of 75 euros will be charged in the early booking phase. After the early booking phase the fee will increase.
Here is the route, which we present as a rough orientation on this map. And with the QR-Code you get the exact dates via GPSies.
Here you find the route as gpx-Track for download:
At the 4 rest stops the timecard are stamped, as proof of the “conquest” of the track and associated receiving medal.
For a first orientation, this is the preliminary route – pending a final decision of the local administration.
The approx. 150 km Heroes-Course is a single circuit.
The approx. 150 km Heroes-Course starts
09/22/2020, 09.00 ambetween the old post office and the town hall (Schloss Street 41, 19288 Ludwigslust, Germany)
All cyclists start staggered.
Start is in Ludwigslust – between the old post office and the town hall (Schloss Street 41, 19288 Ludwigslust, Germany).
Finish is in Ludwigslust – Schlossstrasse – space between town hall and old post office.
Prerequisite for Participation
The round is open for all cyclists from the age of 18. In consultation with the organizer and a written permission of the parent or guardian it is possible to start from the age of 16.
A club membership is not necessary for a start. By participating, each driver obliged to examine his health conditions himself if necessary by consultation of a doctor.
Requirement to Wear a Helmet
During Velo Classico Germany there is NO requirement to wear a helmet!
There are no explicit rules for the type of garment. However, clothing shall not increase the security risk.
As part of the VELO CLASSICO GERMANY it is encouraged to dress with vintage clothes (e.g. 20-30s, Tweed, …).
However, we recommend participant to equip with garments that protects from low temperature, wind, and rain.
Equipment and Accessory
Requirements for the approx. 150km-Heroes-Round are
- classic road bikes built before 1989
- strap pedals
- Frame circuit
- Open brake cables
- Matching Outfit desired
- Prohibited are click pedals and brake lever combinations
For reasons of safety, the following hang-on parts are prohibited:
- disc wheels at front / back
- Triathlon and bull horn handlebars
These conditions are checked during the accreditation process.
We are riding on public roads and open country roads. We recommend to carry a bicycle tube and repair kit. German road traffic regulations have to be observed in full and with no exception. Escort vehicles are not allowed.
Single Speeds / Fixies are admitted if they have a free wheel hub and two independent brakes.
You have the following options to register:
|VCG 150 km||Early bird-registration||Regular registration||On-site registration|
|registration period||until 31th Mai 2020||until 10th September 2020||On-site|
|costs||€ 75||€ 85||€ 95|
|payment||Online or by bank transfer until 31th Mai 2020||Online or by bank transfer until 10th September 2020||Only in cash on-site|
|name||Registration fee||Registration fee plus € 10 late entry fee||On-site Ticket|
|benefits||Most favorable option; guaranteed race slot (limited to 500)||Late decision, race slots are limited to 500||Your final chance to participate! Note: race slots are limited to 500|
Prices include value added tax (VAT) of 19%.
The following services are included in the entry fee:
- Stamp card
- Start number
- medal after successfully completed track and all admired stamps
- Technical support at starting area (fee-based)
- stage and market program
Services of the Organiser
Before the event:
- Professional registration portal for a reliable and secure registration process
- Assistance in finding lodging on the event weekend
- Optional purchase of the legendary VELO CLASSICO GERMANY woolen jerseys
- homepage and Facebook page with the latest information
- VELO CLASSICO-Retro-racing bicycle cap
During the VCG:
- 4 rest stations along the 150 km long Heroes Course – the focus is on the enjoyment of regional delights
- an officially authorized routing through divine nature and landscapes, selected by experienced vintage local cyclists
- Route guidance along the road manufactured specially for the VCG
- Route safety measures of danger zones
- toilets in the start / finish area
- Medal for those who can show a full stamp card
- broom wagon, which returns remaining participants of the VCG to the destination
- financial support for associations and institutions who are involved in organizing the VCG, and for social and integrative projects in the region Ludwislust-Parchim
- Support of the “ZEBEF e.V.” in the amount of € 1 per starter as charity project
- Bicycle Culture Festival with information stands and historical cycling flea market
- Photo Portrait with wheel in a historical setting
- VELO CLASSICO Radtafel, space between townhall and old post office, Ludwigslust
little surprises that we do not want to reveal.